Welcome to RJ Waste a specialist in skip hire in Brentwood Essex. We pride ourselves on an easy to use online booking system and friendly and attentive staff, available to answer questions you may have about our skip hire services.
We aim to provide our customers with an unrivalled service with the best value for money in Brentwood.
RJ Waste skip hire in Brentwood includes:
- Same day service
- 2 – 14 Cubic yard Skips
- Roll on Roll off skips are available from 20-40 Cubic yards
- All residential and commercial needs catered for
We are committed to an eco-trendily approach to waste disposal and keeping the amount of waste deposited into landfills at an absolute minimum. Over 95% of late we collect is recycled.
Areas we cover
We provide skips throughout Essex and Hertfordshire including Ongar, Romford, Harlow, Chelmsford, Grays, Wickford and Billericay. Contact us today on 01277 350775 for a quote today.
Interesting facts about Brentwood.
- The name Brentwood derives from the words ‘burnt’ and ‘wood’. the name Burntwood is still visible on some old maps in the area.
- During the Peasants’ Revolt of 1381, Brentwood was the meeting place for some of the instigators, such as John Ball and Jack Straw. They apparently met regularly in local pubs and inns.
- Protestant martyr William Hunter was burnt at the stake in Brentwood in 1555. A monument to him was erected by subscription in 1861 at Wilson’s Corner.
- The ‘Brentwood Ring’, the earliest Christian ring ever to have been discovered in Britain was found in Brentwood in the late 1940s. It now resides at the British Museum in London. The only other ring of its type in existence can be found at the Vatican Museum in Rome.
- During World War II, over 1,000 bombs were dropped on Brentwood, with 19 flying bombs (V1), 32 long-range rockets (V2) and many incendiary bombs and parachute mines. 5,038 houses were destroyed, 389 people were injured and 43 died.